Monday, June 13, 2011

fun with grommets *




 This dress just seems made for twirling.  I find I turn corners more sharply than I need to so that it will spin out. The dress is self-drafted and made from an old set of bed sheets, the progress of which may be seen here in part one part two part three part four part five. (scroll to the bottom for part five.)  



details on the belt here

No work on the dirndl today (and thanks Carolyn, for the proper spelling :)  )   But considering its all of Monday, I think I'll get it done this week.   (Horribly, I keep thinking its Friday, but no, must go to work tomorrow...  they have these crazy ideas about producing things and meetings and whatnot.    ::sigh::  oh for a vault to go swimming in like Scrooge McDuck.

Prepping for a new project this evening -- I decided I wanted black grommets* for something I've been mulling over in my head for a few weeks, couldn't find any of the right size, so, I got some black nail polish and painted them!   I plan to use an exposed zipper, which is also silver metal painted black, so as they wear, they ought to match (think happy thoughts)

*so, technically, at this size they are eyelets - but, eh, same idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...