Thursday, July 28, 2011

The inevitable problems of haste

Well, I rushed it, and I botched it.   Not irreparably -- its just that some of the neckline scallops aren't quite the right size, which is easily enough dealt with.    I'd found out Monday I was leaving around lunch time on Tuesday (love the forewarning..) and got it about half made up before midnight, when I finally gave in to the inevitable and packed other things.  For whatever reason I thought I'd have a few more days before I had to leave. Silly silly me.   However, as I am back home now and annoyed at the shirt for not spontaneously popping into existence exactly as I imagined it, I think I am going to go back to the jacket for a while.

Currently haunting my thoughts in a, will-it-suit-me kind of way is the Rooibos, from Collete.   I can see it looking really great or really horrendous.   For whatever reason I never feel unbalanced by wide skirts and fitted tops -- but fit them both and all of a sudden I'm off kilter.   It makes no sense, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...