Monday, April 16, 2012

It's... meh...

This just isn't working for me.   (Ignore the wrinkles along my left -- it's pinned in place)  I'm not sure why, but I'm just not liking the dress as is.   I think its partially because I really never wear all black (except for concerts, and I usually just throw stuff together, so less time obsessing over every detail)  and I rarely do shiny....     I'm also thinking the proportion of the skirt is wrong... it should be wider or a wiggle -- either way, but for comfort I'd go with wider.  

However, I'm out of fabric (this was bought as the lining for another project I never quite got around to starting) so I'm not really sure what to do.   I plan to play with the pattern a bit more, as it keeps slipping off my shoulders, and I'm thinking box pleats would work well.... but thats all for another incarnation.     What do I do with this one?

7 comments:

  1. Add a couple of pleats in the neckline to keep it where it's supposed to be on your shoulders and wear it to concerts. :-) I think it looks nice enough for that for sure, and it makes you look so delicate and girly. :-)

    In the meantime, tweak the pattern until it's what you want, because I can see this being a nice TNT for you in different colors with slightly different design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about putting a crinoline under it to make the skirt more poofy? Should solve the wanting it wider scenario, go with the pleats for the neckline and maybe add a sash in a bright colour if you're not liking the all over black?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the dress looks great on you. But clearly you won't listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the crinoline and the neck-pleats to keep it on your shoulders. It seems like it might be a smidge long just above the waistband, although that might just be the pinning. And you could perhaps play with the length (a bit shorter?). I agree that box-pleats would be AWESOME on some future incarnation.

    As for this version, like the others have said, it really looks great as is, and would be great for performance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mimi - I think a crinoline in a very bright color might be in order - yellow or pink, perhaps? Perhaps add a bow belt in a contrasting color around the waistline? Because it's truly a lovely dress and I think you should wear it often :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think it looks lovely & the ideas suggested could swing it for you? And we know you have a crinoline now don't we?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you everyone! I will keep these in mind when I try to fix it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...