Sunday, April 28, 2013

Floaty dress!


When in doubt, assume I'm squinting.    Thanks to my excellent timing, all the pictures were taken on the roof at sunset, facing full west.  (I know.  A master of logistics and planning am I.)

However, the floaty-dress lives!  It even survived my dropping a sandwich on it mere minutes before these pictures were taken.  The fabric is some sort of synthetic something which absorbs nothing!*



 I'm very happy with how the dress turned out, and am thinking this summer will need more full-length, floaty options.    The question becomes, out of what fabric -- I'm still technically on a fabric fast (and have been doing rather well - this counts as a double stash bust, for both the dress and the slip) so I need to dig through what I have and see if I can make anything work.

Slip! With bonus cat, for visual interest




The slip was remarkably simple.   I traced out a somewhat fitted tank top and then extended the hip line to my knees.   I serged the sides, but otherwise it is unfinished and I always seems to end up rippling my hems, and I wanted this to lay as flat as possible.

I need to fix the straps, as they are self fabric and far to stretchy, but, its stays in place and generally does its job, so for the moment, I am satisfied.  (I am thinking more and more of getting a coverstitch machine.   I don't currently have space for one.... but someday... someday...)





*not normally a bonus, but in this case, it worked out rather well.

5 comments:

  1. Nice work!! That looks like a really useful and very pretty dress....longer skirts are so cool but can also keep chilly summer mights at bay. A very stylish back too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You're making me yearn for long, floaty things, too...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...