Wednesday, May 28, 2014

a wedding bolero

Long and incredibly rambling story short (its been a hell of a month) I made a bolero for my friend's wedding from the excess tulle of her dress.

look, she's all bride-tastic
We used the perfect shrug pattern, modified to work for a woven (if tulle counts as woven) rather than a knit, in fittings spanning 200 miles and four weeks.

We were both very pleased with how it came out -- but in the end she only wore it for about five minutes.   She also had a birdcage veil, and decided with it AND the bolero, she looked too encased - one had to go and she wanted to keep the veil.  Such is life.  But it turned out well and she was happy, which is really all that mattered.

She may have been trying to sign her marriage licence when I grabbed her.   I pick my moments well.

2 comments:

  1. It really was the best bolero ever. Unfortunately I had to make a tough tulle-call. However, I plan on wearing it in all my future weddings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably get it back to you then - I'm pretty sure its hanging out with my bridesmaids dress. However, that was one of the best parties I've ever been to, so I'm down for more.

      Delete

I love to hear from people :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...